OUR OBJECTIVEEnsure biodiversity conservation and carbon stockage in the Ngoyla-Mintom forest bloc by the implementation of an integrated land use and participatory sustainable management plan through equitable benefits sharing for the local and indigenous populations.
MAIN AREAS OF INTERVENTION
- Strengthening national and regional legislative and policy frameworks
- Facilitating the process of land use planning
- Community and participatory management of natural resources
- Promotion of best social and environmental practices
- Promotion of Payment for Ecosystem Services (PES) and REDD + initiatives
- We accompanied the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife in the gazettement of nine forest management units, two communal forests, and one wildlife reserve in the forest block.
- We helped set up a Payment for Environmental Service (PES) micro-project in four villages, beginning with a reference scenario and a benefit-sharing mechanism.
- We helped create the first ever technical operational unit for joint coordination and implementation of activities.
- We supported the creation and management of four community forests.