We have identified two strategic intervention avenues:
AVENUE I: Raising awareness and social mobilization.
- Involve more Baka people in the educational process.
- Develop and validate an educational strategy for Baka children at national level.
- Involve more regional and local authorities in educational and socio-economic processes.
- Sensitize host populations (Bantu) on the need for equitable relations with the Baka.
AVENUE II: Improving the provision of education to vulnerable indigenous Baka peoples.
- Further adapt the content of official curricula to the socio-cultural context of the Baka.
- Enrich teaching methods and techniques while adapting them to the socio-cultural context of the Baka.
- Teach in Baka language alongside French.
- Adapt the school calendar to the seasonal mobility of the Baka people.
What we are doing:
• Collecting baseline data, literature review and brainstorming on the stakes and challenges of formal and informal education in Baka communities.
• Proposing an innovative strategic approach for the education of Baka children.
• Communicating the project’s outputs.